Friday, 3 July 2015

NEW SEGMENT! BABBLE WITH BLOGGERS!



Hello sunshines! How has everyone been?

So I have teamed up with Mia (the links to her blog & IG will be down below) to do a new segment on both our blogs! Introducing...Babble with Bloggers! Each week I’ll be uploading 10 questions and answers with bloggers. Some bloggers may be the same, I may introduce different ones, but really it’s a chance for you all to get to know us bloggers better and enjoy something a little different!

Hope y’all enjoy! xo


1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
My name is Emma, but I go by my middle name, Mia, but you can call me either! I’m 15 years old and some of my favourite things to do include bundling up in front of the TV with a cup of coffee and biscuits, reading on a rainy day and am a major fan of the TV show called Friends.

2. How did you first get involved with blogging?
I started blogging about a year ago when I thought it would be a fun idea to share my views on books and at first I wasn’t too serious about it, uploading only a couple posts every couple of months but I’ve gotten more serious about it over the past couple of months- I’ve got my heart set on getting some ARC’s by the end of this year!

3. What was the book that got you into the book community?
It was probably the Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, which was released at the beginning of the year. The plot twist at the end (I won’t spoil it for you if you haven’t read it yet!) had me screaming so I went to sites like Goodreads to see other people’s reactions and from there I got further into the book community!

4. What is your favourite genre of literature? Any particular reason why?
My favourite genre is probably Young Adult because I find it the most relatable and the plots are the most interesting! I’m also really into the romance genre – I’m a sucker for a good romance!
5. What is your least favourite genre of literature? Any particular reason why?
Hmm. I don’t have a genre of literature that I don’t like but I guess if I had to choose it would be horror and non-fiction. I don’t mind watching horror movies and actually quite enjoy them sometimes but when it comes to reading, horror books just give me the shivers *shudder*. And I’m not too fond of non-fiction mostly because I don’t find it very interesting, I’m more of a fantasy, dystopian type of person.

6. Do you have a certain goal for the amount of books you wish to read in 2015?
I do, but I’m not the best at keeping track of what books I’ve read. Ideally I’ll read around 50 books by the end of this year, but I’ll see how it goes – I’m going to need to hunt down all the books I’ve read so far this year first!

7. Have you participated in any monthly or random challenges for books?
I haven’t actually participated in any of these challenges but I’d really like to try!

8. What is your favourite book you have read? Why is that your favourite?
How to pick how to pick? This is probably the hardest question you can ever give someone who loves books! I’m actually having a lot of trouble answering this question – there are too many so I’ll have to give you my top 5:

1. The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard –I love the whole plot of the stories, and as I read the book I fell in love with the characters so much! Not to mention the absolutely mind-blowing plot twist at the end (I think you can tell by now how much I love this book!)

2. Angelfall by Susan Ee - The writing in this book is beautiful and I love the main character, Penryn.

3. Under Different Stars by Amy A.Bartol – Amazing plot and characters that I just instantly fell in love with!

4. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi – I had such a hard time picking my favourite out of the trilogy, because frankly the whole thing is just amazing and Warner is my dream boyfriend.

5. Incendiary by Amy A. Bartol – Again, I had such a hard time picking my favourite book out of this series! This book was so good I think I re-read it 3 times when I first bought it!

Phew! *Wipes sweat off forehead* Now that that’s over…..

9. Where is your favourite place to read?
I’d have to say my favourite place to read is either on my bed, curled up with a blanket and a pillow on my lap. It’s probably where I read the most because it’s the most comfortable not to mention cozy!

I also enjoy going to the beach to read as it’s really close by to where I live, about a 5 minute walk away and at sunset, it’s really empty, becoming the perfect place for me to read. It’s quite and peaceful, and I love to go there with a book in one hand and my iPod in the other, especially on a sunny day.

10. Are you a person who is more for purchasing books or borrowing them from a library or friend?
I guess you could say I’m more the type who purchases books rather than borrows them. I have this thing about books where if I like it, I’ve got to buy the whole series, even if I’ve already read them or bought it on my computer. I love the way books look on the bookshelf all spread out so I jump at every chance I get to buy a book! Besides, the library is too far away from me not to mention they don’t have a wide range of books for me to read *sob*


Thank you to Mia for joining me in the first instalment of Babble with Bloggers! I look forward to next week’s instalment!

Mia

Think Lovely Thoughts xo


P.S. If any bloggers out there wish to join me for Babble with Bloggers, flick me an email or message me on my social networking sites.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to the new questions next week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts