Saturday 27 June 2015

FROM HARVARD TO WHOREDOM BY CANDICE X

Rating: 4.5 stars


“I was their family as the pages turned, but as the book came to an end, I was left as their guardian angel.”

Goodreads Book Description:
What would you do if you woke up in the bed of Hollywood’s sexiest bachelor?

No matter how much Sahara runs, she can’t hide from her past. Especially not after being thrown, against her will, into the spotlight by a certain delectable movie star.

Sahara can’t fathom why Gabriel De’Angelo would even want to keep her around. Not only is she a prostitute, but she is also carrying secrets so dark they could ruin Gabriel’s entire career. However, the more she denies having any involvement with him, the more intense Gabriel’s fascination with her becomes.

Sahara and Gabriel become trapped in a dance of desire, leaving both vulnerable as others watch in awe or contempt. While they explore the boundless depths of pleasure behind closed doors, jealous co-stars, unforgiving press, and a ruthless pimp who considers runaways the ultimate offense, are all ready to viciously crumble their façade. Sahara has already lost everything once, and history sure does have a way of repeating itself…

My Review:
12:38AM – I just finished reading From Harvard To Whoredom by Candice X
OK, WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?! No, seriously. What the actual heck just happened? I feel as though my heart has been crumbled like a cookie. Words are honestly getting the best of me right now. I’ll sleep on my thoughts and write an actual review tomorrow.

The next day - I originally received From Harvard To Whoredom as my first ever book mail from Candice X – the author herself. I was hesitant to start it at first because not only did I have a huge TBR pile but also because I had school work to prepare for. Fortunately, From Harvard To Whoredom had won the luck of the draw when pulling out my next book to be read and I am honestly so happy it did!

Sahara’s story was honestly so emotionally moving and I had to force myself to put down my book after two chapters for a while because it just became to much.

Gabriel De’Angelo, on the other hand has just worked his way into my Top 10 Book Boyfriends list! He is one of the most genuinely caring, sweet, open and honest men I’ve ever read of but he can change that in an instant by becoming this dominant Hollywood actor. Yet, he still accepts Sahara for her past and helps her to realize that the past can be forgotten.

Candice X, author of From Harvard To Whoredom has created a range of twists and turns throughout this book, some that completely took me by surprise and others that were somewhat predictable but this all added up to creating such a beautiful storyline. The inclusion of Gabriel’s perspective as well as Sahara’s created such a different side to things. I personally, really loved seeing what was going through his mind in many of the scenes to then see her point of view as well.

The creation and development of other characters was almost realistic, from little Lucky – my personal favorite character – to Mr P. Although some were not featured as much as others, they all came across in their own way and developed.

Sahara is one of the strongest women I have ever read about in a book and she is definitely up there with the best of them. The development of how she came from this unknown part of society to being plastered all over magazine covers and billboards was beyond what I had expected.

I would recommend this book to those out there that love a good Adult Romance read with humor and a realistic story line.


Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts