Wednesday 2 March 2016

READING TREATS


Now, I don’t know if it’s just me but reading sure does make me hungry! Fear not, for I have listed 2 tasty treats and 1 delectable drink that I rather enjoy whilst curling up with a good book!
    
NOTE: These are all to serve 1 person.


Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
I found this over the Christmas break and I just couldn’t resist trying it out.
Now, it’s one of my go-to treats/breakfasts to make the night before so I can 
take it on the go!
    
Ingredients:
•    1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened plain almond milk
•    3/4 Tbsp (9 g) chia seeds
•    2 Tbsp (32 g) natural salted peanut butter or almond butter (creamy or 
       crunchy)

•    1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
•    1/2 cup (45 g) rolled oats

Method:
Into a small bowl or jar of your choice, add almond 
milk, chia seeds, peanut 
butter, and maple syrup. Stir until combined but not so 
the peanut butter is 
completely mixed in, it’ll add to the taste for the next 
day.
Add oats and stir a few more times until all the oaks have been soaked with 
almond milk.
Cover securely with a lid or plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator overnight 
(or for at least 6 hours).

The next day, open and enjoy as is, or garnish with desired toppings (berries, 
banana, apple, cinnamon, etc.)

NOTE: Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, though best within the first 12-24 hours.
        
Berrylicious Yoghurt Bowl
I am addicted to berries, I should be on a “berry ban” but they’re just too good to resist! I have this as a snack when reading because it’s so fresh, healthy and delicious!

        
NOTE: You can change the berries/yoghurt flavor or add other fruit to suit your taste but this is what I like, my own personal preference.
        
Ingredients:
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 3 strawberries

 - (4 Tbsp) coconut yoghurt

Method:
In a small bowl or glass of your choice, add coconut yoghurt to bottom of 
bowl/glass.
Option 1: Place the blueberries in a circle around the edge. Slice strawberries 
into halves and place in center of circle.
    

Option 2: Add blueberries, cut the strawberries up into quarters. Mix berries in 
with coconut yoghurt to create a pink/purple color and enjoy!


Wake Me Up Iced Coffee:
Now, I don’t know about you but some days I am not at all a morning person 
and this Iced Coffee is a perfect fix for those days when I’m feeling run down.
    
Ingredients:

- 2 shots of espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup milk

Method:
1. The night before make 2 shots of espresso & pour into 
a tall glass.
2. Add in 1/4 cup of water, leave in refrigerator 
overnight.
3. In the morning, add 1 cup of milk and enjoy!
        
        
I hope you all have fun creating these delicious yet quick treats for your next 
reading session!
        

Think Lovely Thoughts xo    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts