Sunday 5 February 2017

ONE HUNDRED BREATHS LATER BY HAYLEY STUMBO

Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads Book Description:
I’ve got such an envious heart;
it sloshes and aches
when you touch her face,
and I don’t know what to do with it,
other than to just
let
it
break.

Taken straight from the journals these poetic memoirs came from, One Hundred Breaths Later is a collection of love, loss, guilt, strength, and what it feels like to be vulnerable in a world that is resilient.

My Review:
First of all, thank you to the beautiful Hayley for sending me an ARC and final copy of her masterpiece!

She does it again! I am constantly amazed by the brilliant work Hayley creates and this one in particular struck a heartstring to which I ended up in tears after finishing it.

At the end of One Hundred Breaths Later, Hayley mentions that she wrote these poems starting circa 2004 when she would jot down thoughts into a little black notebook. Now 13 years later, here she is publishing pieces of her life and I have to tip my hat off to Hayley for being so brave and courageous to do so.

Poetry can be a truly personal and somewhat daunting thing to put out into the world; it’s even more wonderful when readers can relate to the written work,

It’s hard to review a poetry book but what I can say is that I loved the style of One Hundred Breaths Later, it’s a treasure containing a lot of relatable poems that should be savoured.

Some of my personal favourite poems from One Hundred Breaths Later are:

·      HOMECOMING
·      ONE HUNDRED BREATHS LATER
·      ALMOST
·      LANE AND HIGH
·      LEFT AND LESS


Buy One Hundred Breaths Later today on Amazon


Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts