Tuesday 15 August 2017

5 FEEL-GOOD SHOWS TO BINGE-WATCH

Trying to procrastinate? Stressing out and need a break? Or just wanting to kick back and relax with a new show? There’s nothing better than tuning into a “feel-good” show to make you smile, laugh and escape from the daily grind for a while.
Here are five of my favourite shows that you can binge on Netflix when you’re in need of some warm fuzzies:

CHESAPEAKE SHORES

Summoned back to the coastal Maryland town she left long ago, successful businesswoman and single mother Abby begins to see her busy life in a new light.

I have no shame when I admit that I binge-watched Chesapeake Shores’ first season in about 8 hours one weekend and it’s sooo worth it! I stumbled across the show on Netflix after seeing that Meghan Ory, who portrays Abby, stars in it and I knew I couldn’t resist the temptation to watch it. It’s not hard to fall in love with the characters and beautiful coastal town of Chesapeake Shores. If I could live there, I definitely would! I really love the family aspect of the show, it’s relatable and easy to love all the characters and their individual adventures.

GIRLBOSS

Things are looking dire when 20-something Sophia loses her job and gets an eviction notice – until a thrift store find gives her an idea.

I absolutely adored this show, it’s snarky, funny and full of fun! Sophia’s character is honestly amazing and constantly had me doubling over in fits of laughter. From the storyline and Sophia’s fashion sense to her best friend, Annie’s fun-loving attitude and their wild adventures together. Girlboss is truly a “feel-good” show and one sure to make you smile, if you haven’t watched the show, I highly recommend you do (it’s only one season of 10 episodes) and I promise you’ll love it.

THE GOOD WITCH

When recently divorced doctor Sam and his teenage son Nick move in next door to Grey House, Cassie and Grace hasten to make them feel welcome.

I admit, I only started watching this show this year because everyone was going crazy about it. So, of course I binge-watched the entire first and second season within a few days and I had instantly fallen completely and utterly head-over-heels in love with The Good Witch. This show has grown to be one of my top 3 favourite shows of all time and my best friend and I often spend endless nights re-watching the current 3 seasons.
It’s honestly one of the best “feel-good” shows that is constantly leaving you with warm fuzzies. Though it is best that you watch The Good Witch movies (also on Netflix) before the show so you can get a grasp on the background of Cassie’s life and the town of Middleton. After one or two episodes, you’ll feel completely at home at Grey House and not be able to wipe the smile off your face.

P.S. The cast of Good Witch are currently filming season 4, so be sure to catch up on the last 3 seasons in time for the release of season 4!

GILMORE GIRLS

When Rory is accepted into a prestigious prep school, Lorelai must swallow her pride and ask her wealthy parents for help paying the tuition.

The Holy Grail. My all-time favourite show. The reason I live and breathe is the fun-loving, witty and hilarious Gilmore Girls, following the mother-daughter duo, Lorelai and Rory. My mother introduced me to Gilmore Girls when I was 6 years old and I don’t know where I’d be if I hadn’t grown up with the Gilmore Girls. It’s truly a wholesome show, it’s impossible not to fall in love with the beautiful Stars Hollow and its wonderful citizens.

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

In 2030, Ted tells his children the story of how he met their mother, beginning back in 2005 with Marshall and Lily’s engagement.

I’ve watched How I Met Your Mother since I was about 8 years old and I’ve loved re-watching it. It’s a great show that has a diverse range of characters, story-arcs and narration; it’s funny and everyone can relate to it in one way or another. In today’s sitcoms, it’s rare to see “real life” situations and How I Met Your Mother presents realistic storylines that allow viewers to relate to one or two instances shown.
The group of characters are absolutely amazing and work so well together, the chemistry is real and I honestly haven’t met a single soul who doesn’t like Barney. You feel like a part of their friendship group and are joining them on their adventures through the past to the present.


Be sure to check out these awesome “feel-good” shows and let me know your thoughts! What’s your favourite TV show that gives you warm fuzzies? Tweet me @bookishbroadway


Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts