Monday 28 March 2016

FIND HER BY LISA GARDNER

Rating: 4 stars

Goodreads Book Description:
Flora Dane is a victim.

Seven years ago, carefree college student Flora was kidnapped while on spring break. For 472 days, Flora learned just how much one person can endure.

Flora Dane is a survivor.

Miraculously alive after her ordeal, Flora has spent the past five years reacquainting herself with the rhythms of normal life, working with her FBI victim advocate, Samuel Keynes. She has a mother who’s never stopped loving her, a brother who is scared of the person she’s become, and a bedroom wall covered with photos of other girls who’ve never made it home.

Flora Dane is reckless.

...or is she? When Boston detective D. D. Warren is called to the scene of a crime—a dead man and the bound, naked woman who killed him—she learns that Flora has tangled with three other suspects since her return to society. Is Flora a victim or a vigilante? And with her firsthand knowledge of criminal behavior, could she hold the key to rescuing a missing college student whose abduction has rocked Boston? When Flora herself disappears, D.D. realizes a far more sinister predator is out there. One who’s determined that this time, Flora Dane will never escape. And now it is all up to D. D. Warren to find her.

My Review:
I was sent Find Her to review from Dutton Books, there have been plenty of other books in the D.D. Warren series but I was appreciative to receive Lisa Gardner’s latest book.

It took me quite some time to work my way through Find Her as I was just starting school when I started reading this book but once I was caught up in it I couldn’t stop myself from sparing every single opportunity to read more!

I’m not one to read many Thriller/Suspense books but Find Her has certainly changed my view on them. I recently have received another Thriller/Suspense book from Dutton of which I am most excited to start reading!

The storyline of Find Her was quite different to anything I could have expected and it had me hooked from the first page. With the 3 different POV – changing each chapter – I will admit it was quite hard to keep up with what was happening but once I was a fair way into it, I had no real issues with keeping up.

 The characters were not flawless and absolutely perfect; they were real people, dealing with normal situations in their own lives.
Detective D.D. Warren is on restricted duty due to a previous case injury (explained in Fear Nothing) but it doesn’t stop her from continuing on Flora Dane’s case and the other kidnapping cases.
Flora Dane has gone through a lot, 472 days locked in a coffin only to be brought out to beg for any form of sustenance. In Find Her readers follow Flora’s past kidnapping experience to her current time where she then disappears again.

I really enjoyed reading Find Her because the writing style is so interesting, and the storyline she creates is thrilling, suspenseful and mysterious. I hope to read more of Lisa’s work in the near future.

Thanks yet again to Dutton Books for sending me Find Her by Lisa Gardner!


Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts