Sunday 24 July 2016

THE WITCH'S KISS BY KATHARINE + ELIZABETH CORR

Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads Book Description:
Sixteen-year-old Meredith is fed-up with her feuding family and feeling invisible at school – not to mention the witch magic that shoots out of her fingernails when she’s stressed. Then sweet, sensitive Jack comes into her life and she falls for him hard. The only problem is that he is periodically possessed by a destructive centuries-old curse. Meredith has lost her heart, but will she also lose her life? Or in true fairytale tradition, can true love’s kiss save the day?

My Review:
Completely exceeded any expectations I could have originally had!
I don’t read many fantasy books but I couldn’t have been any happier with The Witch’s Kiss. From the moment Meredith’s witch magic started acting up, I was hooked and this was a true page-turner!

An epic twist on true love’s kiss with a hint of magic, a tale for all adventurous book junkies!
Katharine & Elizabeth Corr kept me up late into the night and early hours of the morning, completely and utterly enchanted in the journey at hand. It was beautifully written, a consistent journey with an equal balance of flashbacks and present day situations.

I loved being able to read the story of young Merry, her brother Leo and the charming yet possessed Jack. The story is told from Merry’s POV and the way her thoughts/observations are written captivated me completely, from the slower and more peaceful moments to the danger lurking just around the corner – I couldn’t put this book down!

Needless to say, I adored The Witch’s Kiss so so much, heck it even made me cry! I cannot wait for the sequel, The Witch’s Tears – I need it so badly!

As always, a huge thank you to the wonderful people at HarperCollins Australia for sending over a copy to review!



Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts