Saturday 15 October 2016

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD

Rating: 5 MAGICAL STARS

Goodreads Book Description:
It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.

While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.

My Review:
BACKSTORY TIME!
Okay, so on the 31st of July 2016, my friends and I lined up at our local Dymocks store for about an hour and a half – lucky we were sixth in line! It was a very special day for all Harry Potter fans as many dressed up, sang The Mysterious Ticking Noise and were able to witness the unboxing of the newest addition for the Wizarding World!


It was an absolutely incredible feeling to receive, read and admire the continuing beauty of J.K. Rowling’s wonderful tale of Harry Potter. I read Harry Potter And The Cursed Child over the course of a week (gee, thanks school work) and I loved every minute of it!

Though I suggest going into this book with an open mind as Harry Potter And The Cursed Child isn’t necessarily written by J.K. Rowling, she had an influence on the way this was written through her knowledge of the other books in the Harry Potter series she has written.

As a drama student, I was immediately invested in the script format, which I personally found both unique but also made it easier to picture in my head – though it certainly wouldn’t compare to the beauty of the actual play.

Unfortunately however, there were several holes within the plot that I had to wrap my head around but it’s understandable as it’s formatted as a script. For those of you who aren’t familiar with script format, there is a lot of dialogue, minimal description of the setting and emotions within each scene.

However, the characters were absolutely beautiful! I couldn’t possibly have adored Draco’s son, Scorpius more if I tried – all I wanted to do was keep him in my pocket and pet him.
The relationships between Harry and Albus, Draco and Scorpius were similar in some aspects yet still quite different but it was lovely to be able to see what had become of Harry and Draco after all these years.

I honestly loved going back to Hogwarts and the world of Harry Potter, though I must admit it was slightly strange to go back and see our favourite childhood characters grown up. But I still loved it!

Remember if you do read this, go into it with an open mind as it may surprise you with the format, plot or the fact that it’s NOT a novel.



Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts