Friday 9 December 2016

GIRL IN PIECES BY KATHLEEN GLASGOW


Rating: waaay more than 5 stars!

Goodreads Book Description:
Charlotte Davis is in pieces. At seventeen she’s already lost more than most people lose in a lifetime. But she’s learned how to forget. The broken glass washes away the sorrow until there is nothing but calm. You don’t have to think about your father and the river. Your best friend, who is gone forever. Or your mother, who has nothing left to give you.

Every new scar hardens Charlie’s heart just a little more, yet it still hurts so much. It hurts enough to not care anymore, which is sometimes what has to happen before you can find your way back from the edge.

My Review:
Woah. Well that was an experience and a half…
I’m honestly at complete loss for words and now I need 50 tubs of Ben ‘N’ Jerry’s Cookie Dough Ice Cream!

This has most definitely made choosing my favourite book of 2016 incredibly difficult, however Girl In Pieces certainly deserves more than just 5 stars!
As soon as I heard about Girl In Pieces, I was pretty much as desperate as one can be to get my greedy little bookworm hands on a copy! And bless HarperCollins’ soul that they sent me copy – forever blessed by the sheer generosity of this fabulous team!

I will admit that I was apprehensive to read this, as I was worried it wouldn’t live up to my high expectations. Yet, I had absolutely no need to worry!

Girl In Pieces is one of the most outstandingly amazing books I’ve ever had the honour of reading! Charlie’s story was so raw, honest and an exceptionally emotional journey that will have readers tearing up – okay let’s face it, I was a blubbering mess by the end of this book, so be sure to have LOTS of tissues at the ready!

Like I said, I’m honestly at loss for words but what I will say is that Girl In Pieces addresses a lot of issues, particularly mental health being a main topic. I’d like to thank Kathleen Glasgow for creating a book that really shines light on topics that aren’t often spoken of but instead kept secret in today’s day and age.



Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts