Tuesday 20 December 2016

SUMMER DAYS AND SUMMER NIGHTS BY STEPHANIE PERKINS

Rating: 5 stars

Goodreads Book Description:
This beautiful collection features twelve gorgeously romantic stories, by some of the most talented and exciting YA authors writing today. Includes: Leigh Bardugo, Nina LaCour, Libba Bray, Francesca Lia Block, Stephanie Perkins, Tim Federle, Veronica Roth, Jon Skovron, Brandy Colbert, Cassandra Clare, Jennifer E Smith, Lev Grossman.

My Review:
As per usual, my queen Stephanie Perkins hits me right in the feels!
Her beautiful compilation of twelve summer love stories, most of which are short stories contributed by other authors but edited by Perkins, brought tears to my eyes and tugs on my heartstrings.

I love reading Stephanie's work and she always ceases to amaze me with new ideas such as the past two books with twelve love stories.

Inertia by Veronica Roth absolutely destroyed me and I had to put the book down for a solid couple of hours to pull myself back together.

In Ninety Minutes, Turn North by Stephanie Perkins was a beautiful continuation of another of her stories and it was wonderful to see where these characters are now!

Love Is The Last Resort by Jon Skovron was super cute and I loved how he included a gay couple, a Romeo/Juliet type couple and the main characters who's disgust for love only brought them closer.

Brand New Attraction by Cassandra Clare was perfectly quirky, magical and although there was some too-good-to-be-true insta-love, I loved the story so so much and the character’s stories!

A Thousand Ways This Could All Go Wrong by Lev Grossman was my favourite story in this book! It made me laugh, cry and it was the perfect story full of warm and fuzzy feelings – a beautiful addition to this anthology.

All in all, I couldn’t have been happier with Summer Days And Summer Nights! I loved reading every author’s short story as they each took me on new adventures, pulled new emotions from me and gave me love stories I wish were my own!



Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts