Wednesday 28 December 2016

ASK ME ANYTHING a.k.a Q&A with Jem


As you know, I write a lot of book and movie reviews on this blog, but the purpose of this blog is to not just write reviews. I created this blog as a way of interacting with those who share similar passions with me, to make new friends in this blogging/book community! And I figured, why not do a Q&A for a change? I asked my friends and followers on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Tumblr to ask me anything!

So here are your burning questions you wanted to know!

1.    How many books have you read this year?
As 2016 comes to a close, I set myself a Goodreads Reading Challenge goal of 40 books. I don’t know how I managed to read the amount I have amongst school and personal life, but I’ve completed my goal!

2.    How long have you been blogging?
It’s going to be 2 years as of January 2017. It’s been an insane 2 years, this blog has grown more than I ever expected!

3.    Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world aside from the where you live now?
Ooh I love these types of questions!
I would live in Brooklyn, NY or Vancouver, BC.
I love Brooklyn for it’s old charm and fascinating history; I love Vancouver for its snow and the sweater weather.

4.    How many books do you own?
I own 197 physical books, 31 of which are hardcovers. I also have 43 ebooks and 3 audiobooks.

5.    What was the book that made you love reading?
My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody was one of the first books I read as a teenager and not only made me love reading but also inspired me to make this blog!

6.    What fandoms are you in?
I’m in plenty of fandoms but my top 3 fandoms are:
Once Upon A Time
Marvel
Gilmore Girls

7.    If you could live in any fictional world what would it be?
This is a really difficult question to answer and I’m trying to think of a world I’m least likely to be killed in. Yes, I’m this logical.
If I could live in any fictional world, I would choose to live in either Stars Hollow (Gilmore Girls), Storybrooke (Once Upon A Time) or V-City (This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab).

8.    What inspired you to start blogging about books/movies?
I considered starting a blog after reading My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody as the protagonist decides to start her own blog and although our blogs are different, I loved the idea of putting my opinion out in the world; to have a voice.

About 2 months later, I decided I would to just that, start putting my opinion out into the world. My reading increased a lot and soon enough I couldn’t leave the house without a book in hand.

9.     Who is your favourite female heroine from a book you read in 2016?
Mia Covere from Nevernight by Jay Kristoff, HANDS DOWN THE MOST BADASS HEROINE I’VE EVER READ ABOUT. Boom.

10.  Who are your top 5 book boyfriends you’ve met in 2016?
Maddox Bailey – The Sound Of Serendipity by Cynthia Rodriguez
Anderson Pane – Every Pane Of Glass by H.B. Stumbo
Jack – The Witch’s Kiss by Katharine and Elizabeth Corr
Owen Gentry – Confess by Colleen Hoover
August Flynn – This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab


If you have any questions, tweet me @bookishbroadway and I’ll be sure to include them in a future q+a!


Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts