Tuesday 3 January 2017

BOOKS ON MY SHELF I NEED TO READ IN 2017

I’ve read a lot of books over the past 2 years, about 70 in total – which is quite an achievement. However, there are so many books I haven’t read, both on my shelves and ones I wish to own.

But today, I’ll be focussing on the books of which have been sitting on my shelves for a while and that I plan to read in 2017!


Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
I’ve had this book on my shelf for the past two or three years and I’ve heard many positive reviews about this book and I know many people have recommended this to me.






All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
After reading Holding Up The Universe, I’ve decided to finally pick up my copy of ATBP and dive into this story that is currently in the process of being adapted into a movie.





One Night: Denied & One Night: Unveiled by Jodi Ellen Malpas
I read the first book in this trilogy, One Night: Promised, back in 2015 and I absolutely loved it! 2017 will be the year that I finally reconnect with Livy & Miller to complete their story.


You’re The Kind Of Girl I Write Songs About by Daniel Herborn
I know this book is about a romance that revolves around the two protagonists’ love for music. However, I’ve read mixed reviews about this book, some loved it and others didn’t find it as appealing so I’m looking forward to reading it and seeing where I sit.





A Thousand Pieces Of You by Claudia Gray
This story is about a girl who must chase her father’s killer through multiple dimensions. I only started reading sci-fi books in 2016 and I would like to expand on the genres I read, therefore I’ll be picking this up in 2017.




Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
They are classic pieces of literature. 
Need I say more?



The Marvels by Brian Selznick
A book full of beautiful illustrations and some prose that tell the story of Billy Marvel, the lone survivor of a shipwreck and how he pieces together many mysteries of his family. I will admit that this was originally a visual buy because of the gold pages, cover art and the format of this book.



The Knife Of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
Patrick Ness is a highly regarded author for the many Young Adult books he’s published and this book is considered one of his best in the Chaos Walking trilogy. I picked this up a while ago to start getting into his writing and after seeing the film progress with his other book A Monster Calls, it seemed wrong not to read this book!





There you go, folks! Those are the books from my shelves that I will be reading and reviewing throughout 2017!

Tweet me (@bookishbroadway) what books on your shelf that you plan on reading in 2017!

Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts