Thursday 29 December 2016

CONFESS BY COLLEEN HOOVER

Rating: 5 OMG stars

Goodreads Book Description:
Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…

My Review:
This is the third book by Colleen Hoover that I’ve read and I swear she’s the Queen of Hearts! I believe this for the following reason:

Every book of hers that I’ve read has ripped out my heart, crumbled it into a million pieces and yet she mends it back together but the ache is still there.

That’s how you know that Colleen Hoover is a really, really, really good author of who’s work you should all most definitely read! Colleen truly has a way with words that not only take you on one heck of an emotional rollercoaster but she brings something else to romance. Unfortunately, it’s something I can’t quite put my finger on what exactly it is but just trust me when I say that she’s an incredible writer. It’s just impossible for her to write a bad book, or a book I haven’t absolutely fallen in love with.

As I anticipated, I fell in love with Confess, Auburn and Owen and the whole storyline of this book. I listened to the audiobook, which is also shown in both Auburn and Owen’s POVs narrated by Elizabeth Louise and Sebastian York. It was fantastic! I loved the way that both Elizabeth and Sebastian portray the story, other characters and emotions purely through their voices.

I was speechless when I finished it, it was 2am and I was truly struggling to put words together to describe my love for Confess. The idea of this book and the title were so original, you really get to find out your greatest sins, pleasures and desires. The idea of Colleen Hoover using her reader’s anonymous confessions to base a lot of the story around, it’s a brilliant idea!

Owen Mason Gentry…OMG. Quite literally. He is WOW, just wow! His story and background - unbeknownst to Auburn. How his love for art and confessions developed through Auburn and her previous lover Adam’s story was very heart-warming.

Auburn Mason Reed, the girl with quite an interesting past. In Confess the readers see how she comes to terms with her past and her determination to fix her mistakes. She is a very admirable character, through everything she has been through to get to where she is and how strong she is at the end of Confess.

An important element for me was how realistic the problems displayed in the story were, their background full of events that vastly changed them, but in the end they were stronger and found a love in one another, a love stronger than any bond they could have imagined.

Readers of Confess are certainly in for a surprise, a lot of twists, turns, drama, romance and “OMG” moments.

Colleen Hoover is a marvellous woman who has a lot of dedication to her readers. You can easily see just how much we mean to her, she writes for us the most down to earth and amazing books. Books that not only fill one’s heart with joy and warm fuzzies, but also raise awareness to real life situations and just how difficult life can sometimes be.



Think Lovely Thoughts xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts